Are you unsatisfied with your website’s commerce platform? Do you think that you probably should convert website to WordPress? If so, then you’re in the right place; shifting your e-commerce platform can seem like a humongous task, and you would probably think twice before trying to change it. As it turns out, it’s relatively easy to do it! Understanding what your requirements are and how you want your products to be sold online are all factors that come into play when you think of getting your platform shifted. Therefore it is imperative to move to WordPress, as WooCommerce can only be hosted there. If you are not using WordPress as your current content management system, then you should convert website to WordPress as soon as possible. This allows all your content to be assimilated in one place, and it gives you the freedom to easily manage all tasks and user privileges.
Why shift to WordPress?
WordPress website development is considered to be one of the best open-source and free platforms to host your website. It provides you with some of the best customizations available in a template form without much hindrance of not knowing how to code. It allows non-coders to create websites of a caliber equal to that of typical coders. Other than being extremely fortified with security and measures and handling different media types, WordPress also remains SEO friendly. Therefore, having a WordPress website increases the chance of you getting hit up on search engines’ rankings. The involvement of plug-ins is what allows WordPress to be so popular and unique from other content management systems. Shopify and WooCommerce are two of the many plug-ins that are available in the WordPress website development system. However, Shopify has it’s own content management system; it has significantly fewer options available.
Advantages of WooCommerce over Shopify:
- WooCommerce has better search engine optimization as compared to Shopify.
- Integration with WordPress opens up your possibilities in changing the design and overall creativity in your website.
- There is no transaction fee when it comes to WooCommerce, unlike Shopify, which has an additional transaction fee for each purchase. This decrease in pricing allows for a higher profit margin for you, the seller.
- WooCommerce provides you with the free backup of your website and its settings.
Different ways of shifting your data to Woocommerce from Shopify:
Manually moving all the data from Shopify to WooCommerce:
This a free way of getting your work done as all the migration will be done by you physically changing the location of the data, but it is a very time-consuming process.
- You start by exporting all your current data from Shopify and download it as a CSV file. This file will contain all the information about your purchase orders, customers, and product descriptions.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to the ‘products’ panel in the WooCommerce option. Click on the import icon and use the product CSV importer tab.
- Choose the downloaded CSV file and continue the process.
- Now, WooCommerce will try to map all your product descriptions and other product fields automatically using the CSV file. Some of the column mappings will be incorrect. Therefore, you have to map each product field accordingly, personally.
- Run the importer and let the process be complete.
The same process has to be run for all the CSV files that are there in your Shopify website management system.
Using a cart migration service to migrate the data from Shopify to WooCommerce:
Doing most of the work manually might often arise a mistake while migrating. Cart migration services like Cart2Cart and NextCart offer a paid plan in which all your data (product data, customer data, offers data, blog data, etc.) can be migrated just with a few clicks.
- Provide your source cart to be Shopify and submit the URL and API details.
- Mention the target cart as WooCommerce and install the connection bridge manually or automatically into your WordPress.
- Choose the data you want to migrate and make sure they are matched to the corresponding product fields in the WooCommerce platform.
- Click migrate and wait for the process to be over.
That’s all there is to it! The best part about using cart migration services is that your Shopify platform will still function as the migration is going on. They also give you the option of redirecting your link. Therefore, you can maintain your search engine rankings.
At the end of the day, what truly matters is if you are able to make money out of that website of yours! The WordPress website development system allows you to do precisely that; the amount of freedom it gives the user is unparalleled in terms of e-commerce websites. Trying to tweak such minute details during transactions, allow you to make significant profit margins on your products and therefore empower you to lead your business more successfully and efficiently.