Once you buy the timeshare, there is a specific time, known as the rescission period, within which you can reconsider your timeshare contract and revoke it if you are unsure about your purchase. However, after this period is over, you would need legal help to cancel your Club Wyndham timeshare.
Therefore, if you are re-evaluating your decision of buying a Club Wyndham timeshare and want to get yourself cut from the contract, then we got you! In this article, we will share information about how to cancel Club Wyndham after the grace period.
Tips for Cancelling Club Wyndham After the Grace Period
- It is better if you send the cancellation request in writing, instead of talking over the phone to make the process formal. This way, you will even have proof of the whole process, in case you require them later.
- Look into your contract and read it carefully. If there is something you were not made aware of during the purchase, then, that can be a strong reason for your timeshare cancellation. You can let the company know that the details were not delivered to you properly, and now they are starting to cause inconveniences. The details can include hidden costs the company was not clear about in the contract. You can also point out that the salesperson did not inform you about the increase in costs if that is the case.
- It is important to hire an experienced timeshare attorney for the cancellation process so that they make sure you are doing every step right or else you will be stuck in the contract for the rest of your life. The attorney will tell you about the cancellation rights. Plus, they will make the process a whole lot easier and can get the work done for you within 2 to 3 months.
- If the company does not accept any of the reasons you have to provide for the Club Wyndham cancellation, then, you can try reselling your timeshare on the internet to someone else who may be interested in the purchase. This is another way to get an exit from the life-long timeshare contract.
- Once you have sent in the cancellation letter to the company, you should call and get the relevant updates about your request every 2 to 3 days. This will increase the chances of the company taking your request seriously.
Drafting a Club Wyndham Cancellation Letter
The cancellation letter you send in is the most crucial part of the process. It represents your request to the company. Thus, we want to make sure you get it right. Here is how you can write a letter to cancel your Club Wyndham timeshare contract.
- The subject line should be clear: The subject line should have an impact on the reader, so they can know what you are writing about and what they can do to solve your issue.
- Be accurate with the details: Write clearly about when you made the timeshare purchase, your name, timeshare contract details, etc. This will help the person reading the letter to look up your contract and take the process ahead.
- Use simple language: Making use of complex words and sentences will probably confuse the reader and they may not want to continue reading the letter further or understand why you want to cancel the Club Wyndham timeshare. Thus, the key is to go for simple and easy-to-read vocabulary.
- Confidence is the key: When you write the cancellation letter, make sure that you choose the words that will have a confident reflection on the reader. Do not try to sound emotional, but try to write it in such a way that the reader would know that you are aware of what you want. On the other hand, insulting the contract or the company will not work either.
Give logical reasoning: In the letter, provide a comprehensible reason as to why you have decided to cancel the Club Wyndham timeshare. Be specific with the reason and try to explain how the timeshare is not relevant for you anymore.