Health has always been the prime concern of all living beings. With the pandemic, its importance and concern have only increased manifolds. People are now giving importance to indulging in food habits and activities that amplify the immunity system. Many have started following a strict diet regimen inclusive of vegetables, fruits, grains, and proteins. Gym and yoga classes have witnessed an increase in the members because everyone wants to stay fit and healthy. If you haven’t joined the race of taking care of your health, you should start now because it’s never too late.
Sharing with you all some tips to lead a healthy life. These are general tips that anyone can follow, from young adults to senior citizens to teenage kids. If you find these effective, do share and spread the word in your closed circle.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: To lead a healthy life, you need more than 40 different kinds of nutrients and can’t get these all in a single food. Plan your meals in such a way that you eat a variety. Include green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits, whole grains, dairy products. If you are a non-vegetarian, eat fish, meat, and other items. Do not stuff your mouth and stomach; eat when you are hungry. Consume small portions at regular intervals. Do fix a time for lunch and dinner.
2. Make Healthy Food Choices: Once in a while, your tastebuds can crave something savoury. That’s totally understandable, and you should not resist the craving. Instead, make healthy choices without compromising on taste. Substitute maida bread with multigrain or whole wheat bread. Use a wheat pasta/pizza base and make it with a lot of veggies. Prepare the sauce at home with fresh ingredients and less salt. Limit the intake of salt as it can result in high blood pressure. As Women’s Day is the upcoming occasion, get a basket of healthy food items and gift it to the women in your life. It would make for the unique gifts for sister, mother, wife, girlfriend.
3. Regular Doctor Visit: Get full body checkup regularly. Regular visits to the doctor would mean that any minor health causality would be noticed timely and treated well. Doctor visits would help you gain insight into your daily patterns and healthy alterations required to be done at your end. Also, encourage your mother and wife for doctor visits as after a certain period women tend to develop certain health issues having unnoticeable symptoms.
4. Drink Clean Water: Unclean water can be a source of health diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera, typhoid, Amoebiasis, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, and many more. Always drink clean and fresh water as much as you can. If possible, install water purifying systems in your home for crystal clear water. You can use a water sieve for purifying the water. To keep yourself hydrated, drink fresh juices, smoothies, green tea in addition to water. Limit or avoid caffeinated drinks at all cost. Gift mugs along with green tea bags, smoothie kits and fresh fruits.
5. Cover Your Mouth While Sneezing and Coughing: Make it a habit to cover your mouth while sneezing and coughing. Infectious agents may be transmitted through sneezing and coughing, thus causing diseases like influenza, pneumonia, and tuberculosis. If using a tissue, dispose-off it carefully and wash your handkerchief before using it again. The pandemic has made us realise that it is important to keep the face cover all the time, especially while sneezing and coughing to stop the spread of viruses and infections.
Additionally, stay active and avoid intoxicating your body with tobacco, alcohol, and saturated fats. May you live long and healthy.